Download a PDF of this webpage
The School Based Clinical Services-Enhanced (e-START) program is a collaboration between Hillside Children’s Center and Monroe #1 BOCES. The program is designed for students in grades 9–12 who are in the average to above-average range for intelligence but have emotional challenges that have made it difficult for them to attend and function successfully in their regular community school. Students are referred to e-START by the Committee on Special Education in their local school district. The overall goal of the program is to provide a supportive environment that will enhance the youth’s ability to experience educational success as well as learn strategies for managing mental health challenges. As a public school, BOCES has the academic responsibilities to provide Common Core and State outlined curriculum to students but also retain the unique resources and expertise to coordinate additional mental health support.
About this Program
- e-START consists of seven 6:1:1 high school classrooms that serve a total of 42 students.
- The classrooms are located in the Carlton Webster Building in Rush Henrietta.
- Students receive instruction in the core content areas, directly from e-START teachers.
- Electives are provided both at e-START and through BOCES Multi-Occupational and Eastern Monroe Career Center (EMCC) programs.
- Hillside clinicians are embedded within the program and provide individual and group counseling, focusing primarily on skill development related to learning strategies to manage social and emotional challenges.
- Students receive comprehensive mental health services (medication/therapy) from community providers.
Youth in grades 9 through 12
This program is open to eligible residents of Monroe and surrounding counties.
Monroe #1 BOCES
2000 Lehigh Station Road
Henrietta NY 14467
This Program Supported by local school districts.