Committed to Our Community During COVID-19
Hillside has responded to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic by redoubling our efforts to serve vulnerable youth and families in the communities we all call home.
- Our direct-care teams are on the watch for COVID-19 symptoms among youth in residential treatment, and following all safety protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Health.
- Technology tools are providing enhanced access to telehealth and video-conferencing applications that connect youth, families and Hillside’s clinical experts.
- When Hillside schools and Day Treatment centers closed, our education teams and residential treatment staff collaborated to help youth receive consistent access to learning opportunities.
- Our community-based programs adapted their work with students, youth and families to support new models of engagement while following all CDC and DOH safety guidelines.
- Contingency planning has been developed to protect youth and staff in the event of a COVID-19 exposure among any member of the Hillside family.
- Nearly half of all Hillside employees have been working remotely via telecommuting technology to limit the spread of the virus and protect youth and staff in residential treatment.
- Hillside’s multidisciplinary Pandemic Response Team is continuously refining policies and procedures that support employees’ ability to do their best work safely and effectively.
- Our agency has actively promoted COVID-19 vaccination efforts among staff and the youth and families we serve, by working with community partners to host on-site and neighborhood-based pop-up vaccination clinics.
- Our leaders continue to work closely with county and state officials to provide leadership and guidance that informs the whirlwind regulatory changes required by the pandemic.
Follow us on social media to see more examples of our #HillsideStrong spirit during COVID-19.