- How do I apply? - Open documents in at least Adobe Reader 11. To get the latest version, visit Adobe.com/reader
- Learning and Development – this is an essential component of the culture at Hillside. Initial required training is provided in Rochester and Syracuse, New York during daytime working hours. Click here for additional information.
- Day in the Life documents - realistic job preview for positions
- Employee Testimonials
- Meet our Leaders
Search our Job
Join us. We are the largest and most diversified provider of services for children and families in Upstate New York, and one of the oldest and largest in the country. We provide an expanding range of child welfare, education, juvenile justice, developmental disabilities, and mental health services to children and families throughout Central and Western New York, as well as Prince George’s County, Maryland. Our success comes from innovative, culturally competent approaches and integrated services that are family-driven, youth guided, and trauma informed. We believe it is our privilege to partner in service with children and families.
OUR MISSION-Why we are all here.
Hillside provides individualized health, education, and human services in partnership with children, youth, adults, and their families through an integrated system of care.
Make our mission your mission.
Come to Hillside Family of Agencies. We offer the right combination of stimulation, challenge and reward, plus the support of a dedicated team of professionals. Be surrounded and supported by like-minded, extraordinary people. Hillside Family of Agencies is the best place for you to make a positive difference in the lives of children and families.
Be your best.
You will work with children and families experiencing a wide variety of significant life issues including emotional, behavioral and/or developmental difficulties in our residential, foster family, in-home settings or local school districts. Because of our range of services, there’s no better place to continue your career development. You will be a member of a supportive team, with the opportunity to creatively approach work challenges with the right level of autonomy and schedule flexibility. Our expert clinical mentors, interactive leadership, and advancement opportunities will ensure that your professional development is bounded only by your own determination. Best of all, you’ll have the sense of satisfaction, responsibility and challenge that can only come from professional achievement in a top-notch organization.
Great benefits, too!
At Hillside, you’ll have continual training opportunities, generous paid time off (PTO), nine paid holidays per year, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, flexible spending account, life insurance, 403(b) plan with a match, employee assistance plan, professional memberships, employee discount program and more!
Hillside Family of Agencies is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and clients, while assuring high quality services. In accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, HFA has established a substance-free workplace policy which includes pre-employment drug screening.
Learning and Development is an essential component of the culture at Hillside Family of Agencies (HFA). Many of the positions at HFA require initial training to ensure each employee is best prepared to meet the needs of those individuals we serve. Most initial training is held in Rochester and/or Syracuse, New York and will occur during the daytime during your first few weeks of work. To learn more specifics, please inquire during your interview process.
- Review the list of job opportunities currently available by clicking on one of the "Employment Listings" links and opening in Adobe Reader. You can search for opportunities based on Date, Position, or Location/Region.
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter the record number, title and location into the subject line of your email. Emails lacking this information will be at risk of not being processed.
- Individuals selected for further consideration will be required to complete Part A of the Hillside Family of Agencies Employment Application, prior to an initial interview. It is preferred that you complete an employment application on-line. Applications should be completed electronically and electronically signed. The application must be saved to your computer, completed in at least Adobe Reader 11, and attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the record number and title you are applying for on page 1 of Part A of the employment application. IOS users: Please be aware you will need to download Acrobat Reader version 10.6 or higher for IOS Devices prior to filling out this form. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=macintosh&product=10. You will be able to open it with “Preview”, but we will not be able to see your entries.
Electronic Submissions: Please be aware you will need at least Adobe Reader 11 to save the filled out form. To get the latest version, visit Adobe.com/reader
- At the completion of the initial in-person interview all applicants must complete and return the HFA Employment Application Part B, HR-012B to the hiring manager you are interviewing with. Applicants will not move on in the process without completing Part B of the application. No further consideration will be given for applicants that do not complete and return Part B of the application.
- Due to the high volume of applicants we cannot respond on the status of your resume. You will be contacted directly by the hiring manager if there is interest in your candidacy. Hillside Family of Agencies is an equal opportunity employer.