Family Empowerment Network
Staying Connected and Growing Together
At Hillside, families are at the heart of everything we do. We formed the Family Empowerment Network (FEN) as another way to bring families together—to offer support, share perspectives, and provide invaluable guidance that strengthens the entire Hillside community.
Virtual FEN meetings are convened multiple times each month, and are free of charge to attend. The meetings are open to all current or former Hillside parents, caregivers and family members, as well as family advocates, youth mentors and interested staff. FEN meetings include:
- Roundtable discussions that empower parents and caregivers
- Opportunities to meet other families, staff, leadership and community and state partners
- Educational opportunities to keep you in-the-know about beneficial information and resources
Whether you’re currently a parent or caregiver looking for support, or you’re simply looking to stay connected with other like-minded individuals, you don’t have to go through your situation alone.
FEN Virtual Groups
Each month, Hillside’s Family Empowerment Network hosts virtual groups that are facilitated by Hillside Family Peer Advocates. Any Caregiver/Parent of a youth currently or previously served by Hillside is welcome to join.
- Caregivers Empowering Caregivers
9/1/22 10:00am to 11:30am
- Empowerment Group: Empowerment Group – How to help someone who doesn’t want to be helped!
9/7/22 10:00am to 12:00pm
- FEN Family Advisory Council meeting *For Council Members*
9/12/22 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Training on Probation
9/15 10:00am to 11:30am
- Empowerment Group: Establishing Routines- How and Why
8/21/22 10:00am to 12:00pm
- SOCIAL ANXIETY THE SILENT PANDEMIC THAT NEEDS A LOUDER VOICE
9/24/22 10:00am to 11:30am
- Father’s Group
9/27/22 11:00am to 12:30pm
Do you have ideas for a Group? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org! As we go back into the school year we will be offering more groups- stay tuned.