Family Empowerment Network (FEN)
Peer Support, Education & Advisory Opportunities for Parents and Caregivers
Hillside Family of Agencies is Family-driven with a deep understanding that parents and family members have a primary decision making role in the care of their own children as well as the policies and procedures governing care for all of our children. This includes:
- Building on family strengths
- Honoring cultural diversity and family traditions
- Supporting children in learning about and participating in their care and decision-making
- Encouraging family-to-family and peer support
- Developing policies, practices, and systems that are family-friendly and family-centered in all settings
- Celebrating successes!
Hillside’s Family Empowerment Network’s (FEN) mission is to empower families, strengthen the family voice and support our family-driven culture by providing:
- Multiple forums for advisory opportunities on program, agency, regional and state-level policy and strategic decisions
- Networking opportunities with families, staff and leadership
- Education opportunities for families, staff and leadership through the sharing of information and resources
Visit Hillside’s Family Resources services and programs
FEN Monthly Round Table Meetings – Please Join Us!
Open to all Hillside parents, caregivers and family members; FEN staff champions, family advocates, youth mentors, and interested staff.