Care Management for Adults—Adult Health Homes
Download a PDF of this webpage
Hillside Care Management services help make sure everyone involved in an individual’s care is working well together and sharing information that is important in supporting a person’s optimal health and wellness. A Hillside Care Manager will support a client in coordinating their medical, mental health, substance abuse services, as well as social service needs.
About this Program
How can Hillside Care Management help me?
Your Hillside Care Manager will support your physical, mental, and social health needs, including helping you to:
- Get involved in activities to improve your health and keep you healthy
- Obtain housing, legal assistance, food and other essential needs
- Learn more about meaningful social and community activities to include in your life
- Successfully move from one type of care to another
- Make sure everyone involved in your care understands your goals and the care plan created with you to help meet your goals
Who is eligible for this service?
- Medicaid recipients, including those who are already members of a Managed Care Organization (individuals who have both Medicaid and Medicare are also eligible)
- Those eligible need to meet one of the following conditions:
- Two or more chronic health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, mental health condition or substance use disorder
- A significant mental illness
- A diagnosis of HIV / AIDS
How is it different from other kinds of Care Management?
Hillside Care Management for adults is part of the Health Home model. Our Care Managers are trained to consider all of your needs. Therefore, you can receive support in areas you may not have had assistance with before including housing, legal assistance and becoming involved in social or community activities. The help you receive is driven by your goals and the needs you identify in meeting these goals. Our Health Home Care Managers can visit you if you go into a hospital to help make sure your needs at the time of discharge are met.
What are the people that I would be working with like?
Hillside’s Care Management staff members are caring individuals who talk with you about your goals, your needs and what will make your life meaningful. They also know where to go and who to talk with in order to make sure these needs are met as quickly as possible and you have the supports needed for recovery.
Who should I speak with if I have questions?
The offices below can provide additional information about Health Home Care Management.
- Health Homes of Upstate New York: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Rochester Health Home Network: email@example.com
- St. Joseph’s Care Coordination Network: 4888 W. Taft Rd, Liverpool, NY 13088; 315-703-2802;
How do I sign up?
For information about this program, call 855-613-7659. You will be offered assistance in completing an application and consent form.
Hillside Care Management services for adults are available to eligible residents of the following counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Cortland, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Orleans, Oswego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates.
A Health Home is not actually a place. It’s the name for a kind of care management service.
This Program Supported by local counties.