Committed to Our Community During COVID-19
Hillside Family of Agencies has responded to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic by redoubling our efforts to serve vulnerable youth and families in the communities we all call home.
- Our direct-care teams are on the watch for COVID-19 symptoms among youth in residential treatment, and following all safety protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Health.
- With Hillside schools and Day Treatment centers closed, our education teams and residential treatment staff are helping youth receive consistent access to learning opportunities.
- Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection Youth Advocates have adapted their engagement with students and families to support new homeschooling arrangements, while following all CDC and DOH safety guidelines.
- Visitations have been suspended at all Hillside campuses, but technology tools are providing enhanced access to telehealth and video-conferencing applications that connect youth, families and Hillside’s clinical experts.
- Contingency planning has been developed to protect youth and staff in the event of a COVID-19 exposure among any member of the Hillside family.
- Approximately half of all Hillside employees are now working remotely via telecommuting technology to limit the spread of the virus.
- Employee benefits including flex time, EAP program supports and telehealth access have all been revamped to support our workforce during this challenging time.
- Hillside’s multidisciplinary Pandemic Response Team is working round-the-clock on policies and procedures that clear the way for staff to do their best work safely and effectively.
- Our leaders are working closely with county and state officials to provide leadership and guidance that informs the whirlwind regulatory changes required by the pandemic.
These adaptations and others are being constantly assessed for necessary changes in light of this evolving public-health crisis. The one unwavering element is the commitment of our people to Hillside’s mission, and providing vital services that our community has never needed more.
We Are One Community
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- New York State Department of Health
- Maryland State Department of Health
How You Can Help