Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
HW-SC of Rochester helps youth stay in school, earn their high school diplomas and prepare for secondary education or employment.
Students enter the program in seventh through ninth grade. School-based youth advocates provide 360 degree support to help students develop good habits, acquire social skills, and achieve their potential to become contributing, responsible young people at home, in school and at work.
- Approximately 2,350 students are enrolled from Rochester City School District and Gates Chili Central School District.
What we have accomplished
51% of Rochester City School students graduate high school.
- 77% of HW-SC’s students who stick with our program graduate from high school.
- 88% of students were promoted to the next grade level.
- 93% of our Students employed with job partners graduate from high school.
Regional Employment Partners
We are proud to collaborate with the following partners to link HW-SC students with individualized resources and experiences they need to be successful:
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Rochester Regional Health
- Tops Friendly Markets
- University of Rochester
HW-SC Regional Executive Director
- Wanda Cooper 585-256-7500
For more information about the Rochester Work Scholarship Connection program, please call (800) 882-4593.
Listen to this Family Forum broadcast that discusses how Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection Prepares Students for College and Careers
You can make a gift and change the future for youth in your community.