Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Hillside
Hillside is a part of the communities we serve. Deep within our mission is an implicit commitment to supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive society. Our agency is dedicated to reversing the multigenerational damage too often caused by poverty, trauma and neglect. Every day, our people see the links between those issues and structural racism and inequity.
We support diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) in all aspects of our work—for the good of our employees, and the youth and families we serve.
- At monthly regional DE&I committee meetings, employees discuss issues that are relevant to them and develop and propose actionable initiatives that can benefit all of Hillside.
- An executive DE&I committee is dedicated to policy development and agency-wide changes toward Hillside’s ongoing evolution in this area.
- Hillside believes that Black lives matter. Our agency strongly opposes acts of racism and violence in any form.
- Our executives actively engage with government, education and community leaders to explore the nature of structural problems, and how Hillside can make a difference.
- Our agency is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all people.
- Our harassment-free workplace policy explicitly supports a working environment that is free of inappropriate behavior, including sexual harassment.
- An open door policy ensures that concerns can be brought to leaders without fear of retaliation.
Discover More Online
- Watch a brief video gallery of the Summer 2020 Black Lives Matter art exhibit featuring artwork created by young people in residential treatment at Hillside.
- Our News section includes open messages from Hillside President & CEO Maria Cristalli on a variety of community-oriented issues concerning structural racism and the need for equity.
A National Network
Hillside is a longstanding member of the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities, a leading national advocacy group whose strategic action network is dedicated to the promotion of access, opportunity and prosperity for all people.