Wendy’s Wonderful Kids: Child-Focused Recruitment
Download a PDF of this webpage
Hillside’s Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiters are able to receive referrals on children in New York State who would benefit from having additional help in finding them a forever home. The WWK recruiters use a child-focused recruitment model that includes: initial referral, relationship building with youth, case record review, assessment of adoption readiness, adoption preparation, network building, diligent search and recruitment plan.
Over the last 25 years, the WWK program has helped facilitate successful adoptions of more than 7,000 youth. “Unadoptable” is unacceptable.
About this Program
Activities of the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter and implementation of the WWK Child-Focused Recruitment Model include:
- Recruiting new WWK referrals
- Meeting with the child’s caseworker
- Conducting and initial meeting with the child, and building and maintain a trusting relationship by meeting with the child at least once per month
- Conducting a case record review
- Assessing the child’s adoption readiness
- Assisting the child with preparations for adoption
- Network-building for the child
- Developing a child-specific recruitment plan
- Conducting a diligent search of potential resources
- Facilitating the placement of the child in a pre-adoptive home
- Providing support throughout the placement process until the adoption is finalized
Children are eligible for the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids child-focused recruitment services if they are in the public foster care system, are in the process of being freed for adoption, have been freed for adoption, or have a permanency planning goal of adoption. The child may also be in another planned permanent living arrangement (APPLA) status.
All youth must be referred to the program by their counties of origin. Hillside’s WWK Recruiter can accept referrals from Onondaga, Monroe, Allegany and Steuben Counties.
1 Mustard Street
Rochester, NY 14609
215 Wyoming Street
Syracuse NY 13204
Bath / Southern Tier Office
24 Liberty Street
PO Box 326
Bath NY 14810
This Program Supported by a grant from the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.