Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
Greater Washington Region
HW-SC of the Greater Washington Region helps youth stay in school, earn their high school diplomas and prepare for secondary education or employment.
Students enter the program in seventh through ninth grade. School-based youth advocates provide 360 degree support to help students develop good habits, acquire social skills, and achieve their potential to become contributing, responsible young people at home, in school and at work.
Middle and High Schools
Over 500 students are enrolled in:
- Central High School
- Bladensburg High School
- Fairmont Heights High School
- Potomac High School
- Suitland High School
What we have accomplished
- 99% of HW-SC’s students who stick with our program graduate from high school.
- 90% of students were promoted to the next grade level.
- 93% of our Students employed with job partners graduate from high school.
Regional Employment Partners
We are proud to collaborate with the following partners to link HW-SC students with individualized resources and experiences they need to be successful:
Regional Executive Director
- Karene Brodie (301) 446-3691
Regional Advisory Board
- Gable Barmer, J&G Consultants Community Partnerships Development
- Kirk Blackman, Blackman Financial Services
- Karene Brodie, Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
- Gloria Brown-Burnett, Prince George's County Department of Social Services
- Henry P. Davis, First Baptist Church of Highland Park
- Ayana Douglas, Wegmans Food Markets
- Dr. Charlene Dukes, Prince George's Community College
- Mike Gorski, Wegmans Food Markets
- Marc Menick, NAI KLNB
- Christian Rhodes, Prince George's County Public Schools
- Howard W. Stone Jr., Prince George's County Government
For more information about theGreater Washington Region Work Scholarship Connection program, please contact the team admin, email@example.com, (301)446-3691 x100.
You can make a gift and change the future for youth in your community.