Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
Prince George's County
HWSC of Prince George’s County helps youth stay in school, earn their high school diplomas and prepare for secondary education or employment.
Students enter the program in seventh through ninth grade. School-based youth advocates provide 360 degree support to help students develop good habits, acquire social skills, and achieve their potential to become contributing, responsible young people at home, in school and at work.
Middle and High Schools
Over 500 students are enrolled in:
- Central High School
- Bladensburg High School
- Fairmont Heights High School
- IDEA Public Charter School
- Potomac High School
- Suitland High School
- Benjamin Stoddert Middle School
- G. James Gholson Middle School
- Drew-Freeman Middle School
- William Wirt Middle School
What we have accomplished
- 99% of HW-SC’s students who stick with our program graduate from high school.
- 90% of students were promoted to the next grade level.
- 93% of our Students employed with job partners graduate from high school.
Regional Employment Partners
We are proud to collaborate with the following partners to link HW-SC students with individualized resources and experiences they need to be successful:
Regional Advisory Board
- Kirk Blackman, Blackman Financial Services
- Karene Brodie, Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
- Gloria Brown, Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
- Clyde Comstock, Hillside Family of Agencies
- Rev., Dr. Henry P. Davis, First Baptist Church of Highland Park
- Ayana Douglas, Wegmans Food Markets
- Dr. Charlene M. Dukes, Prince George’s Community College
- Michelle Gilliard, Venture Philanthropy Partners
- Mike Gorski, Wegmans Food Markets
- Shirley Marcus Allen, Venture Philanthropy Partners
- Dr. Kevin Maxwell, Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Mark Menick, Peterson & Company
- Christian Rhodes, Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Howard W. Stone, Jr., Prince George’s County Government
- Augustine Melendez, Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
For more information about the Prince George’s County Work Scholarship Connection program, please contact Kim Dixon, firstname.lastname@example.org, (301)446-3691 x100.
You can make a gift and change the future for youth in your community.