Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
HW-SC of Buffalo helps youth stay in school, earn their high school diplomas and prepare for secondary education or employment.
Students enter the program in seventh through ninth grade. School-based youth advocates provide 360 degree support to help students develop good habits, acquire social skills, and achieve their potential to become contributing, responsible young people at home, in school and at work.
PS 197 Math Science Technology Preparatory School
666 E. Delvan Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215
PS 198 The International Preparatory School
110 14th st, Buffalo, NY 14213
PS 206 South Park High School
150 Southside Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14214
PS 302 Emerson School of Hospitality
70 West Chippewa St, Buffalo, NY 14202
PS 301 Burgard High School
400 Kensington Ave, Buffalo, NY 14214
*Approximately, 420 students are enrolled
What we have accomplished
55% of Buffalo Public School students graduate high school.
- 97% of HW-SC’s students who stick with our program graduate from high school.
- 90% of students were promoted to the next grade level.
- 100% of our students employed with job partners graduate from high school.
Regional Employment Partners
We are proud to collaborate with the following partners to link HW-SC students with individualized resources and experiences they need to be successful:
- Regional Executive Director: Wanda Cooper (716) 533-4245
- Director of Operations: Michelle Sawyer (716) 517-1708
Regional Advisory Board
- Mike Keating, Wegmans Food Market
- Stephen Bell, Eric Mower + Associates
- Phil Catanese, The Buffalo News
- Melissa Gehman, MLS Metal Locking Service
- Jarod Haslinger, M&T Bank
- Darlene McDonough, Ed.D., St. Bonaventure University, School of Education
- Lisa Wardnyski, Independent Health
- Ann Swan
- Terry Schuta, Principal
- Michael Migent, Tops Market
- Marylou Borowiak, Food Bank of WNY
For more information about the Buffalo Work Scholarship Connection program, please call (800) 882-4593.
You can make a gift and change the future for youth in your community.